County Attorney says no evidence to charge Ortego

After reviewing the Vidor Police Department’s investigative report on the November 26 incident involving Precinct 4 Constable Matt Ortego, the Orange County Attorney’s Office said there was no evidence to charge Ortego. ”We are refusing the case on Matt Ortego. There is no evidence that he threatened anyone but himself that night.” Earlier this month Vidor Police Chief Rod Car...

Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or go here to purchase a subscription.